omg i am laughing so hard at the Miss Universe costume category
you got poland lookin nice
Namibia workin it
Costa Rica goin big, what did you expect
Haiti fuckin rockin it
Great Britain got damn
Switzerland hell yeah
we had to be a fucking transformer
is this real life
reblogging this again just to add
canada HAD TO BE a fuckign mountie are you kidding me
but did you guys see this:
Our paramedic carried a guy who had six small plastic horses shoved up his ass for unknown reasons. The hospital listed his condition as “stable.” We died.
John Green being fucking awesome
"read misogynistic gender dynamics into it"
don’t need to read into things that are actually fucking there!!!! holy shit john green have you ever read twilight or are you pulling this statement out of your ass like you seem to do a bunch lately?
let’s count the ways twilight fucks up in terms of “gender dynamics” and other things, shall we?
- a character is physically abused by her cousin’s boyfriend to the point of being scarred permanently, yet they still get together for “destiny” reasons
- same character basically exists as a satellite planet to her bf and as an example of how every imprintee should act
- imprinting as a whole: YOU GET NO CHOICE IN LOVE!! boy falls in love w/ u? u better just fucking accept it. don’t like him?? you’ll “grow to”, because of his “loving devoted attention”!!! it’s for the good of the pack!!!! fuck you if you want anything different
- imprinting on babies, aka child grooming is totally okay as long as you don’t start the sexy stuff until 18!! (“mentally”- can’t forget bella’s daughter is allowed to get w/ jacob, her mom’s former friend, when she’s seven years old)
- bella’s agency is completely taken away by edward (and jacob) in terms of her child (wanting her to get an abortion against her wishes, edward basically telling jacob he can have sex with her and give her children if she wants them)
- edward sleeps with bella even though he KNOWS she will be harmed by it
- leah clearwater is portrayed as an utter complete bitch for not following the pack rules, yet jacob is touted as a heroic leader for doing the same
- and speaking of leah, how fucking dare she be upset her boyfriend broke it off with her to get into a “fairytale” relationship with her cousin!! (the same bf that later scarred her beloved cousin and friend FOR LIFE)
- jacob and edward treat bella like a literal piece of meat and consistently ignore her wishes for “the greater good”
- being a vampire makes u white!!!!!!
- humans are trash. you’re a human? you’re trash
- jacob violently kisses bella without her consent
- bella is the classic definition of “not like other girls” and treats the girls who attempt to be friends with her as disposable
- she also treats her father like trash and is dismissive of her mother
- SEX IS BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SILLY BELLA
- special snowflake syndrome to the max (and u’d know about that right john? *flutters eyelashes*)
- don’t forget the stalking!!! nothing says true love like stalking
- “Perhaps the creepiest part was the werewolf wife (who was human) who had the misfortune of being around her husband when he got angry & lashed out at her. It was a tacit endorsement of domestic violence. There was never any thought that the wife might leave her husband or that you maybe shouldn’t be around someone who will strike you when they are angry (especially someone with claws..) ” -ezra
- “Did anyone else also notice that the good guys in this series are white, and the bad guys are Native American? Also ALL of the vampires in the book are white.” -diaryofacrazywoman
- “And don’t worry. If Edward ends up killing Bella, it will be her fault. That’s because she should know to stand perfectly still when he kisses her. Otherwise vampire passions are aroused and, well, murder happens.” -Elizabeth Esther (aka EMOTIONAL ABUSE WOOHOO)
i agree that smeyer experiences sexism, misogyny, and fatphobia because of her books, and i agree that twilight fans do as well, and that’s terrible and wrong. but that in NO WAY excuses the fact that twilight is disgusting tripe. the movies were way, way toned down to a lot of these things, tbh, so i understand why you might see the issue as blown out of the water in those respects- but the books DO exist, they ARE there, and so is all the things they tout as romantic.
tl;dr: you know nothing john green
"you can just ignore sexism and rape culture if you squint and not wanting to do that makes you the misogynist"
really like this guy needs to hire better PR people can someone hire John Green a PR guy for me
It was sort of mentioned in the list above but I want to make it EXPLICITLY CLEAR that Edward and Bella’s relationship IS CANONICALLY ABUSIVE. Here is a link explaining why, but if you don’t want to go all the way over there I’ll give you a short rundown. The National Domestic Violence Hotline has a list of fifteen signs you might be in an abusive relationship and says If you answered ‘yes’ to even one of these questions, you may be in an abusive relationship.” Edward and Bella’s relationship hits ALL FIFTEEN.
So yes, John Green, tell me more about why it’s acceptable to teach teen girls (the biggest Twilight fanbase) to glamorize and aspire to a completely abusive relationship. We should most definitely say that there’s nothing wrong with that unless you want “to read into it.”
After all, media doesn’t impact how people think at all does it? Especially not growing children! Now, I don’t advocate banning books ever, but people need to be made aware of problematic things in literature. It’s the same problem with romanticizing Romeo and Juliet, except Shakespeare never wanted that to happen. If nobody calls these works out on how problematic the relationsips in them are, you are passively enabling abusers and abusive relationship. So thanks John for doing that.
john green deciding to just “look past misogyny to be nice to authors” fucking gee whiz another white guy another day smh
"isn’t it MORE misogynistic to hate something that’s abusively misogynistic and very fucking dangerous???" gimmie a fucking break
i am the night
THIS IS THE MOST POWERFUL VINE
send this to all the straight boys in your life
Confused husky pup
He’s not expressing confusion, he’s tilting his head for better sound localization. While having an ear on each side of the head is good for lateral echolocation, tilting the head so that the ears are offset gives it vertical depth.
Oh my gosh, that explains why some dogs put their head to one side when you talk to them. They’re not confused, they’re trying to listen to us better. Awww.
oh my fucking god
huge fucking trigger warning but oh my god
shots. fucking. fired.
No…no… Comedy central unfortunately hit the nail on the year and just ouch
Why the fuck was this on comedy central??
Where did my treat go?
You know, I don’t think I’ve ever heard anybody suggest that toilet paper or paper towels in public bathrooms shouldn’t be free. We’d consider it outrageous if that very basic necessity were to be missing, or provided only for purchase.
Get a diva cup! Never have to buy tampons again!
Shiva and his childhood friend Raksha ♡
his life was totally in danger.
True story; this officer (John Pike) got a settlement of $38,000 because he said he got depressed after pepper spraying these kids. Oh, the depression wasn’t for feeling remorseful for pepper spraying a bunch of college kids peacefully protesting. He got depressed because he said since the media kept playing the video of him pepper spraying peaceful kids without cause, he got threats and didn’t feel safe. He didn’t feel safe. I’m not making that up. This motherfucker collected nearly 40 grand on worker’s comp after assaulting a bunch of college kids.
i didnt think it could go too far
For when you find that specal someone
an eggagment ring
DELETE YOUR BLOG
For that special poultry scientist in your life.